KnmoI got my inpiration for this project from the great Martha Stewart herself! In one of her magazines he had a project for a family tree and I immediatly fell in LURVE with it and knew I had to have one!
Unfortunatly, her version of the project was going to run me about $200+, HECK NO! So as I do with most other things I love, I found a way to make it for cheaper, much much cheaper! My family tree is a much smaller scale of her's but we love it! I loved it so much each set of parents one for Christmas and guess what....THEY LOVE IT TOO!
It is such an easy project to make and only takes about an hour. WHOO HOO! Love me some instant gratifaction!
Card stock or Scrapbook paper - 2 colors. I love the cream linen cardstock!
picture of a tree - google family tree images and you can find a ton that you can borrow!
computer & printer
1. Start by finding the tree you want to use. Once you have found and downloaded it, print it off. I made my tree big enough to fit into a 11x14 frame so I had to go to Staples and have it blown up bigger. Only cost $1.00
2. On your computer open Word and type in all the names you are using. Play around with the fonts and sizing untill you get it the right size for your tree. Print on your cardstock.
3. Carefully cut out the names. Cut out of the 2nd color of cardstock the border for the last name, remember this needs to be BIGGER than your last name tag!
4. Glue the last name tag to the border tag.
5. I put all the names in place before I glued them so that I knew exactly where they were going to go first and could move around and make changes if needed. Pick them up one at a time and glue them in place.
6. Insert into frame and stand back and admire your handy work!
I linked up to: