Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

award mania & a restoration hardware duplicate

My oldest son has tons of awards, field day awards, football awards, 5k awards...
awards and trophies line any available shelf in his room. Now that he is in middle school I am trying to get him to dwindle down the awards so that he can start over. He picked his 10 favorite trophies and they are on the window sill, he also picked his favorite ribbon awards and they got a special place too! 
I originally saw this idea in the Restoration Hardware baby and child catalog (summer edition) and wanted to duplicate it for him.I tried to find it on their website to get a picture of what I was copying but I cant find it...sorry guys!

This is how my version turned out! 
I got two black frames from Wal Mart for $3 each and sanded the edges to give them a weathered look

inserted the ribbons and voila!
 

Linking up to:

Tickled Pink at 504 Main


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I have the same problem with my kids' artwork - what to keep/display. I came up with a cute solution that may work with your son's awards. Check it out:

http://attheendofthedrive.blogspot.com/search/label/children%27s%20artwork

Have a great day!
Alison

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

What a great idea! Love it. Thanks for linking this great project to Fab Friday!

Warmly, Michelle

Unknown said...

it’s a great information.
duplicate cleaner

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...