Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

best french toast ever!

I love to cook, I love to bake. I absolutely love to make people happy with their taste buds!
I haven't always been the chef that I am today...I am actually embarrassed to say that when I first got married at the ripe age of 19 I had no idea how to even get water to boil. If it wasn't Stouffers microwaveable mac and cheese I couldn't cook it. The first few years of marriage were rough when it came to food. We ate alot of boxed dinners, hamburger helper, chicken helper...things like that. My husband got so tired of it he bought me a cook book and off I went. After I was confident in cooking the sky became the limit and now even though we have our staple meals I make alot of stuff from scratch. I know my spices and flavors and what my family loves to eat. I enjoy cooking.

One staple that is so quick and easy is french toast. I love it and we love to eat it. When my boys have friends over I make it and usually the mom calls me and asks for my recipe because her son told her it was the best. My besties kids even told her mine is better than hers...sorry bestie! So while racking my brain for something to post about, I thought it would be fun to share this.

{Worlds Greatest French Toast EVER!}
to make 6-10 slices of french toast you will need:

4 eggs
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice

wisk it all together and generously dip the bread in. cook on skillet at 350 degrees till slightly brown then flip. Top with loads of butter and syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar. This breakfast will take about 15-17 minutes from start to ready to eat. then bask in delight as your kids eat the best french toast ever!

I linked up to:

Somewhat Simple

Tickled Pink at 504 Main





2 comments:

amanda said...

What a lovely blog! I am on a organizing rampage right now ; ) so I'm glad you stopped by! Thanks!

Delightful Deets said...

This sounds so yummy! I featured this on my Friday 5, I'm loving your blog! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...