Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tips for an OCD Pantry

My mantra is "Everything Has A Home" and that applies not just to the kids toys, or blankets and magazines, cloths and socks but also to the pantry! As a mom who cooks...alot...I need very desperately for my pantry to be organized for 2, 3, 4 reasons...
1. How do you know what you need from the grocery store if it's scattered all over the place.
I am not the person who goes to the store with no list...oh no no. I am fully prepared when I go grocery shopping. I hate it so I want it to take as little time as possible.
2. I am a SAHM, so like so many others we are living off 1 income.
This goes hand in hand with #1. Why buy what we don't need because I can't find what I'm looking for in my pantry.When I make my list I total how many of each item I will need. I like to be prepared, I don't want to over buy and spend more than I need but I also don't want to under buy and have a whole meal less the main item I need to make it (which leads to eating out usually).
3. I am to busy doing stuff I enjoy to spend my time at the grocery store because I don't know what I need.
#'s 1-3 pretty much all go hand in hand. I am busy....all the time busy.....if you want an idea about how busy I am visit my post....it's insane but I love what I get the chance to do for my friends and family so the less time I spend doing stuff I don't like to do the better.
4. When I see everything in it's home I feel so much better!
I have found that when my house is in disarray so is my attitude. I am grumpy and snappy and just not a whole lot of fun. It makes me anxious. So fortunatly I am in the time in my life where I can spend the extra few minutes here and there keeping it up. And it makes me feel better! Life is so much easier when I can open my cabinet and see that I have a box of brownies...yum...and then make them. Crap now I want brownies.....

So after all that, this is my pantry and these are my tips to an OCD pantry in your home!

OCD Pantry Tip #1:
Keep all like stuff together, stacked neatly and facing the same direction. Corn, Green Beans, whatever keep it together and face it the same way so you know. I mean seriously there are like 50 different kinds of canned corn and green beans and other beans you can buy. No sense in opening a can of cream corn when you ment to open the kernal corn.
  
OCD Pantry Tip #2:Use baskets and storage...when it makes sense. Baskets and storage are great but sometimes you just go through stuff to fast to really need another storage solution. I love pretty but I love pratical even more. Our family eats ALOT of pasta dishes, so I keep the pasta in it's original boxes. Sure I could buy some pretty container and dump them in but why??? I cook with every kind of pasta out there and I am buying pasta each week, so why spend time and money on pretty containers...However, I do keep all my snacks in a basket so that the boys know what they have to snack on when they get home from school and I also keep all my boxed food in a basket. The same goes for items like coffee, tea, sugar and flour. I bought plastic containers for each to put them in. But like with my tea, I have several kinds of tea, I have containers for each and they are all in a row with the most used up front.


OCD Pantry Tip #3:
If it's something that the kids have free access to, put it low!
A kid is the worst enemy of the pantry! My pantry screams in fear every time one of my boys open the door, and it gasps in astomishment when the hubby opens the door. HAHA. Sorry had to laugh at myself....Anyway put the stuff that they have access somewhere that they can actually reach! If they have to reach to get to it, chances are everything in the way of that one thing they want will be destroyed and you will be left picking up.
I don't put my cereal in a cute container because boys have no respect for cute contaniers, and because we eat ALOT of cereal so again why bother.

OCD Pantry Tip #4:
Label, Label and more labeling! If you use the baskets and containers and want to really dress them up label! It's a fun way to make your pantry shine! And I just love pretty stuff!!! No really, label so you know exactly what your getting. I'm just gonna say there was this one time I was baking a cake and I had all my ingreidents out...sugar and flour....and got them mixed up. I bake in a flurry, it's alot like an octopus flailing and grabbing stuff. So needless to say NO GOOD! Label your stuff and never let that happen to you!
You can check out this post for more on the labels I did!!!

OCD Pantry Tip #5:
I got this one from a blog a few years ago, so sorry I don't remember which...bad blogger bad...and she saved my life, it applies to boxed items. If it doesn't need to stay in it's box, then get rid of the box! Boxes take up space, valuable space and they are usually ugly, so just throw them puppies away. This is why my cereal is not in a box, or my snack stuff. I can put 5 boxes of snacks into one small basket so I do. This also helps me to monitor the food intake and when I need to reup. But make sure you are investing in some kind of clip to hold your bags....just sayin...stale Frosted Flakes are not good.

OCD Pantry Tip #6: 
Use all your space! High and low. Stack and row.
We are very fortunate that when we renoed our kitchen we were able to design our cabinets how we wanted them and the best thing I EVER did was request drawers. I LUVRE my drawers so much, my heart sings every time I open them. I use these drawers for all the daily stuff, which is also all the stuff the kids have free access to. So score and score! If you have them use them, if you don't find away to get them!

Really though, use all your space neatly and your pantry will look like a million bucks!


So there friends. You have seen my pantry in all it's glorious glory, I hope that this helps you to maintain an OCD Pantry too!

19 comments:

Allison Nicole said...

Hi Jen! I found you over @ Debbie's & I'm now following! Would love it if you came by mine for a visit & followed! Have a great day! :) Allison

Anonymous said...

Who would've known a blog party for moms would've brought me to you! It's nice to know there's others out there like me... nothing wrong with a little "OCD" ;)

Emily said...

I have a pretty orgAnized pantry butit is at the top of our basement stairs so it ends up pretty visible. I have been checking out peoples pantries since I want to pretty mine up. Good advice. Stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

Your pantry looks great and awesome advice too. THanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I get pleasure from, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for.
You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
nice day. Bye

Check out my website - the linden method manual pdf - www.to-share.nl,

Erçin2 said...

Isparta
Tunceli
Yozgat
Çorum
Konya
JGX

Güldeste said...

tekirdağ
tokat
elazığ
adıyaman
çankırı
O3KN

TimeTraveler9000 said...

sakarya
yalova
elazığ
van
kilis
7PJ77

NebulaSorcererXY12 said...

ankara parça eşya taşıma
takipçi satın al
antalya rent a car
antalya rent a car
ankara parça eşya taşıma
DLSSF

6D176Dana816ED said...

B5364
Hakkari Parça Eşya Taşıma
Samsun Evden Eve Nakliyat
Denizli Lojistik
Şırnak Evden Eve Nakliyat
Isparta Evden Eve Nakliyat

DAFF2Abraham1BB22 said...

64EC2
Bybit Güvenilir mi
Antep Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Ordu Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Silivri Boya Ustası
Sivas Lojistik
Poloniex Güvenilir mi
Uşak Evden Eve Nakliyat
Ünye Televizyon Tamircisi
Kocaeli Şehir İçi Nakliyat

77A27DonaldF4C18 said...

53FDE
order steroids
Adana Evden Eve Nakliyat
İzmir Evden Eve Nakliyat
buy sustanon
Artvin Evden Eve Nakliyat
Nevşehir Evden Eve Nakliyat
Silivri Parke Ustası
buy testosterone enanthate
Trabzon Evden Eve Nakliyat

2535CBreannaA2027 said...

F777D
Malatya Parça Eşya Taşıma
Uşak Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Rize Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Bulaşık Makinesi Tamircisi
Tekirdağ Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Niğde Parça Eşya Taşıma
Rize Evden Eve Nakliyat
Bayburt Lojistik
Artvin Parça Eşya Taşıma

2AE86MichelleF12CD said...

162BF
Tunceli Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Giresun Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Kırıkkale Evden Eve Nakliyat
Adıyaman Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Uşak Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çanakkale Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Erzincan Parça Eşya Taşıma
Muş Evden Eve Nakliyat
Etlik Parke Ustası

7D866BreannaF04BD said...

1A78B
order steroid cycles
Silivri Evden Eve Nakliyat
order testosterone enanthate
Antalya Evden Eve Nakliyat
steroid cycles for sale
buy winstrol stanozolol
dianabol methandienone
parabolan for sale
primobolan

3000BArmando8632A said...

F131C
binance indirim

441B5Xiomara2B1FC said...

BB61F
bingöl bedava sohbet uygulamaları
Amasya Random Görüntülü Sohbet
hatay rastgele sohbet
kocaeli rastgele görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
Kars Görüntülü Sohbet Uygulama
van ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet
canlı sohbet siteleri ücretsiz
Izmir Sesli Sohbet
yozgat en iyi ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet siteleri

A9D85Eddie764F1 said...

232ED
en iyi görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
karabük görüntülü sohbet siteleri
Tokat Sesli Görüntülü Sohbet
muğla görüntülü canlı sohbet
kars rastgele sohbet
bayburt parasız görüntülü sohbet
görüntülü sohbet yabancı
Hakkari Canlı Sohbet Odaları
canlı sohbet

8A86BJeremy23749 said...

339E5
Binance Referans Kodu
Sohbet
Kwai Takipçi Satın Al
Tumblr Takipçi Satın Al
Telegram Görüntüleme Satın Al
Coin Kazma
Referans Kimliği Nedir
Görüntülü Sohbet
Bitcoin Nasıl Alınır

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...