Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

How Often Do You Clean It...Under the Couch Cushions

Yep, that's right...that oh so neglected place that we almost always NEVER clean until one of the kids looses a toy or sock or the remote control disappears...and we apprehensively lift the couch cushion for fear of what it may look like under there.
 How often do we really think lets clean UNDER the couch cushions. This is one of the mysterious places that logically shouldn't get dirty but does. Every time I lift the cushions I am always amazed at the stuff that is under them, how exactly does a sock get smack dab in the middle of the underside of the cushion???
 Either way, it does get dirty and depending on your families habits, # of kids and animals, what you find will vary. Mine mostly gets dirty with dog hair and the occasional bakugan or silly band. We don't eat in the living room so thankfully I don't have to worry about anything more than an extra pet growing under there.
 I really don't think about this area often, usually once or twice a year. So here I go, for all my friends who know me personally and see my house spic and span I am afraid I may crush your expectations, 
I am revealing the ugly truth of what my couch beholds...

I really don't know what that is or how it got there...
Now time to whip out the trusty vacuum, I only use my attachments for the corners and sides, other than that I just vacuum the couch like I would the carpet. The vibrations loosen all the dirt, bouncing it around and allowing it to vac up easier (that what I tell myself at least), and then I do the same for the cushions.

And 10 minutes later...


Now it's ready for me again!

And of coarse you know I'm gonna ask...HOW OFTEN DO YOU CLEAN...UNDER YOUR COUCH CUSHIONS??? Any tips or tricks???

Jen

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Once every 2 months? When I remember? Why is it when I was growing up I would find money (coins) and here I only find crumbs, and occasional lego pieces?

Chibiko said...

Once every couple of weeks. My kiddo's like to use the cushions for play (lava, building "houses", etc)so I get nice reminders that it's time to vacuum under the cushions. I also vacuum under the couch regularly. They like to push the couch away from the wall and play house or pirates or wherever their imagination brings them. :)

Cindy said...

I am going to vacuum mine tomorrow, but the last time I vacuumed them was probably 5 months ago? So probably 2-3 times a year and I'm good. We only find crumbs and dog hair also...but thankfully short dog hair :).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...