Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Master Closet Shuffle

I shared in my post yesterday that I love my master closet. It is my haven, I love to go in there and talk on the phone (it is the only place in my house I can get some privacy with 2 nosey boys). So while I’m in there I want to look at organization and cleanliness. I want to look around and see pretty stuff not blah stuff. So in order to make it more efficient and make me happier I did a little shuffling.
(this is what it looked like before)
It all started with my neighbor throwing out his storage system. I am not normally one who dumpster dives or even snatches stuff others have thrown out but I could not pass up this baby!
This is a $30 storage system from The Container Store WHOO HOOO!
I immediately had grand thoughts for it. I filled it up with all my lady unmentionables, this is such a win win. (My husband wins because I can now quite complaining about my lack of dresser drawer space, and I am happy!!) And after it was full I put in its final resting place in my closet.
I was able to use one of the drawers for my belts which opened up space on my jewelry wall. So I got one of the nifty cork board packages and used the oh so wonderful Command Strips to stick it to my wall. I then got the prettiest colored tacks I could find and hung all my earrings from it! Yay!! No more losing my earrings in the silver bowl.
Another WHOO HOOO!

 I also had a Coach box lying around (it is so pretty I just couldn’t get rid of it) so I used that to put all my scarves in





and then used a silver dish for my body spray and lotion. I keep these in my closet because my husband hates the smell of them so I try to keep it confined to a small area, and because my closet is the first place I go after I shower so it just seems logical. Any way enough of that rabbit trail! And with those few small changes it seems more useable and...
I have space for 3 more pairs of shoes!!!
I love it and I love cork board. I have another project lined up for the other 3 squares of cork so check back in that will be coming soon!!!
 Happy Organizing ladies!

-jen-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

closet organizing systems toronto Closets tend to gather clutter, adding to household mess and making it hard to find items when needed.

Unknown said...

closet washington d.c Capitol Closet Design is the premier closet company serving Washington Dc, Maryland and Virginia since 1997. We specialize in custom closets,

theaut said...

replica louis vuitton bags g77 d9w27b5q61 replica bags china l28 i8z82c3a55 high end replica bags m97 x2y16j8s16

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...