Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birdhouse Update

I have had this birdhouse for several years, like 4 or 5 I think. It's one of those things that when I bought it I loved it, it sat above my fridge and made me smile. But now it wont fit there anymore and finding a place for it has just become a pain. I don't really love it much less like it. But...it fills space quite nice, so since we moved to the new house it has made its rounds here.
 Attic, living room, bedroom, mantle, kitchen counter, in a basket and now in the laundry room.
I have been staring at it thinking it needed something to pep it up a bit. So I spray painted it! I on purpose forgot to prime again because I loved the way the candle sticks (click here for post) came out when I really forgot to prime them, so praying it would turn out good and bring me happiness once again I grabbed the sad little birdhouse and some sandpaper and got to roughing it up a bit.

Sad little birdhouse after the sanding...
Then I spray painted with Valspar Antique White spray paint. I have learned I am a very very very impatient spray painter. I hate to wait until it dries. This is my downfall. Oh well, when I am sanding most of the spray paint off does it matter??? - No really I am asking...does it?

Much happier birdhouse after the spray paint.
I let it dry for a few hours while I cleaned house, I would have attacked it again but I ran out of spray paint...

Then I grabbed more sandpaper and roughed it up again. Pretty cool!  I had a hard time getting into all the nooks and crannies to sand it down but over all looks good! And it almost seems like its smiling again!
I am even thinking she may go on my mantle again soon! Add it to my mantle with a bit more green and voila! Masterpiece! Until then...back in my laundry room she goes.
 

Jen

linked up to:
UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket
lil luna link party button




”Show



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

giveaways



A Little Knick Knack

7 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

That is adorable! Don't forget I am having a spray paint party on March 25th.

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

Oh Jen, this is seriously cute! LOL @ sanding. You do an awesome job with the shabby look though!

Tammy @ Type A said...

turned out adorable, i love bird houses, well anyhting bird! thanks for sharing this at my party!!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

This is soooo cute, LOVE it.
I'm going to feature this on my facebook page.

That is one ADORABLE paint job you did, it looks fabulous.

Come link up girl, I'd love to have you!! Bella Before and After

Hugs,

Bella :)

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

What a cute birdhouse!

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, I love your birdhouse. So many fancy edges...I tried to make some and it has none of this great character. You asked about waiting for spray paint to dry...it's kind of important if you want a smooth, finished look. But, for your purpose, no waiting required! I love the chippy paint look. It's fantastic.

ahmed said...

العاصمة السعودية الرياض عاصمة السعودية، فإذا كنت تريد مؤسسة نقل عفش من العاصمة المملكة العربية السعودية الرياض عاصمة المملكة العربية السعودية الى جده فنحن نوفر لك الخدمة بأفضل وأرخص الاسعار.

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى بريدة

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى حائل

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى القصيم
شركة نقل عفش ببريدة

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...