Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Got Letters ~ Gotta Frame!

A few months ago I made these pretty yarn letters(click here to read post)  for my master bedroom.

After I hung them they looked lonely...

And ever since I have been on the look out for the perfect frame for the perfect price.
Today I found the PERFECT frame...at Goodwill...for $3! HECK YEA!
 I am so excited.
So excited that I forgot to take a before picture. Not much of a change really, just a quick sanding and then some stain. I have a gallon of our cabinet stain left so I use it for EVERYTHING!
 I was going to paint it cream and then distress it some. But once I got the brown on I didnt want to touch it.
And now my once lonely letters are lonely no more!


I tried to get a good picture of the frame, but it wasnt agreeing with me. It is a really deep large frame.
It is much bigger and thicker than it looks.

What do ya'll think? Could it use anything else?

Jen

linking up to:
A Little Knick Knack


3 comments:

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

It really does look nice :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure how you'd do this (if you even wanted to), but...I think it'd be pretty neat to put your wedding anniversay underneath :) Great job on the letters!! Either way it looks fabulous!!
Kim B.

Megan Gunyan said...

It does look better with the frame! I love it. Big, chunky frames are my favorite. And...the natural stain is perfect! Not everything needs to be painted, right? Great job.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...