Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Boys bathroom update

In this post I showed you that I bought these two sailor ship pictures and mentioned a little update that may be coming.
Well it came!
 I knew as soon as I saw them that I waned to put them in the boys bathroom they were right up my alley for the redo I had in my mind.
My vision included the colors black, white, tan and dark blue. I have been digging all the stripes recently so I thought I could incorporate those with a black and white striped shower curtain.
(target)
I found this one at Target for $30 (uh oh a bit to pricey for me). I envisioned tan and dark blue towels, a clear vase full of sand with a candle in the middle, and some kind of basket for the hand towels, a shelf of some kind above the toilet and to finish it off pretty vintage looking knobs for the cabinets drawers and stenciling for the cabinet doors.
  It didn't come together quite as planned. The shower curtain really threw a wrench in it. I went every where and could not find one for a price I wanted to pay. I refuse to pay more than $15 for a shower curtain for my kids, my 7 year old still wipes his toothpaste mouth on it from time to time...
But I did find a plain white one at WalMart for $10 that I could paint strips on if I really wanted to
 (I really want to).
I went back to garage sale again today and found a wood decorative boat paddle with hooks on it, so I got it for 25cents! STEAL!!! So I painted and aged that baby up and hung it above the toilet. I found some clear hanging candle jars at the $1 Store I am going to grab and hang from the hooks, little sand and white candle and we have SNAZZ!
 
I got out my trusty stencil and stenciled away on my cabinets with black acrylic paint
hung a hand towel hook with the blue hand towel, filled my vase with sand and a candle and found a pretty silver platter for my other garage sale steal (shell votive candle holder) and some more wash rags, and put their tooth brushes and paste in a glass jar. Still need a few more loving touches till I reveal the complete pictures but this is a good idea of it.
.
 Keep an eye out and once it is completely done you will see the ugly duckling this beautiful swan came from.

What do you think? Any ideas or suggestions, open to any?! Should I paint a few thick black stripes on the shower curtain or leave it white?

Jen

4 comments:

Tara @ FabulouslyCrafty said...

Good Finds!!!

Looks great so far!
Cant wait to see it all done!

♥, Tara

Please Visit Me Back @ FabuLESSly Crafty!


mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

PS I think its funny that you roll your wash cloths too! :)

Anonymous said...

I would DEFINETLY paint the shower curtain! I'd either do the stripe or find some cute nautical stencil such as a lighthouse or something similar to make it unique like your cabinets. LOVE the stencil on your cabinet!
Cute bathroom! Kim

Unknown said...

You are posting very nice post. The advice provided on this blog is actual important for us.Keep sharing in future
wiper rolls singapore | cleanroll singapore

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...