Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

New home for my antique store finds

In this post I showed you some items I scored at the local antique store, I had no idea what I was going to do with them and wound up making homes for them until I found them a more permanent / semi permanent home. Yesterday the light came on I knew exactly what to do and boy oh boy I am excited. I think even the hubby approves. When he came home yesterday I didn't get the usual "what's that" or "really Jen a blah blah blah?" He just looked and kept walking. Test 1 PASS!

We have 2 leather ottomans in our living room (not loving them at the moment) and it's a pain because I sit on the couch. If you have ever had these kinds of ottomans you know that as much as we say "use them like a table" we cant! They are not perfectly flat and when I put anything on it I sit in fear that it will tip. Sooooo in comes the brilliant idea! The game set I got is a 2 piece set, the top is a game then the inside is a game,
and you know what the inside is perfect for???
A drink tray! Now I don't have to worry about spilling again!
I originally wanted to distress the piece some more, but I really like it the way it is, all naturally dinged up.

The game also came with small metal chess pieces, I have soem of them displayed here
They are the coolest little things, so as I was walking through my house yesterday with them in hand thinking of a place to put them on display I came up with this!
Atop a frame in the hall!

Not just any frame, our family tree!
I am the dark metal piece, and hubs and our kids our the silver pieces.
Pretty prefect huh?!

I still have a bunch of these fancy little chess pieces left so if you have any ideas please share!
What do you think about the game board gone drink tray? Should I distress it or leave it??

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...