Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interruptions or Divine Interventions?

A few of my girl friends and I are going through a bible study on Jonah, this is a two part bible study, meaning that not only is it teaching us about Jonah and his life but it's also comparing his calling to go to Nineveh and preach the gospel to his enemies to our lives and the whispers from God that we avoid or run like a mad crazy women from.
I find it so fascinating that as I am going through this study, He brings to me that my time as a stay at home mom is coming to an end. Not completely like I am about to go back to work, but he has been burdening both my heart and my husbands heart for me to take advantage of the time I have and begin bettering our future. I did not go to college when I was younger, instead I chose to get married and have a baby. I have been fortunate in finding jobs that allowed me to work up the corporate ladder and before I quit I was contributing a nice amount to our bank account. I was able to not just be a receptionist but worked my way up into accounting and construction budgeting. However, after my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I became his caregiver until he passed, I knew that if I ever had to go back to work it wasn't going to be back in an office setting. Never again would I work my tail off to climb the corporate ladder. 2 years later the yearn for the elderly and compassion I feel towards helping people has not subsided.
Just as I am beginning this study God is whispering to me that my time is coming to prepare myself to help people. To be His hands and feet and go out into the world and help HIS people. Much like Jonah, I don't want to give up the comfort I am in. From 8-3:45 every day I am alone, in peace and quite doing whatever I choose. I don't want to give that up and be committed to something other than caring for my family. I know though that I can not go my whole life in this nice bubble I am in. At some point my kids will be gone and then what? Laziness tells me wait until they are gone to better your future. But the good Lord tells me, "Arise and go". I can choose to look at this calling as an interruption in my life or as a Divine Intervention, and I am looking at it as a Divine Intervention. He put me on the path to care for my family 4 years ago and now he is slightly adjusting my path for HIS glory. 

You may be wondering right now, how do you know if it is an interruption or a divine intervention. Here is the equation that Priscilla Shirer, author of the bible study gave.
 If you ask me it is a pretty darn good one too!
Insignificant Person + Insignificant Task = Interruption
Significant Person + Significant Task = Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention + Yielded Submission = Eternal Significance
And isn't this so true.
I took this and applied it to everything in my life. My home, my crafting, my blogging and facebooking, my future, interactions with my family. And wow, it really helped to put things into perspective.
I can spend all day cleaning and organizing and crafting and blogging about it all and all the while doing very little that is meaningful with my life or I can "Arise and go" and do the task that He has called me to do and make an eternal significance. We all want to leave our mark here and so often we use the blog world to make it in or find our significance as a mother and wife, yes those are great and yes as moms we are making a difference in lives, very important lives. But how does what we do on a day to day basis relate to eternity? Are we making a difference in the lives of our children to ensure they will spend eternity in Heaven? Or are we barely getting by as moms, spending more time on the insignificant tasks? All that matters is what we do for God, and we can craft all day in the name of the Lord but it is not what he put us here for. I am answering his call to "Arise and go" by starting nursing school next semester! I can go part time and still be here to do my job for my family. I know that God is not calling me away from the important job of raising kids and providing a stable and loving home for my family, he is simply adjusting my path. This is my divine intervention! And I am so excited to be able to work for the Lord and better my future at the same time!
I challenge you to look into this bible study, at the very least look at the equation above and evaluate your life. Are you filling your day with interruptions or divine interventions? Is there something you are being called to do that like Jonah and me you are running from? Take the challenge to "Arise and go"!

Jen

1 comment:

ahmed said...

مؤسسة تطهير كنب بنجران إن المجالس هي عنوان البيت وهي المقر الذي يتواجد فيه الضيوف في البيت، لهذا يجب أن تكون دائمًا المجالس المتواجدة في البيت نقية ومريحة وجاهزة لاستقبال الضيوف.
ولأن المجالس من قطع العفش التي تتطلب إلى العديد من الوقت والجهد للقيام بتنظيفها نظرًا لاحتوائها على اعداد هائلة من المنسوجات والأقمشة التي ينفذ إلى في داخلها الأتربة لذلك ننصحكم بالاتصال بنا عبر شركه تطهير مجالس بنجران.
شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...